The prizes and awards worth a total of 700 USD which includes cash prizes of 450 USD: All participants (regardless of the results) receive participation certificates to honour their efforts. The overall best students can achieve a 1. prize, 2. prize, and 3. prize as well as receive special awards for being the best students from each global region:
| 1. Prize ||200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate|
| 2. Prize ||150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate|
| 3. Prize ||100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate|
|All Finalists ||Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour|
|All Participants ||Official Participation Certificate|
All participants that use professional computer programs (e.g. TeX) to write down their solutions to the qualification round and/or pre-final round receive a special honorary note on their certificates. This skill is important for the future career of any student.
FAQ: Do I receive a hard copy of the certificate(s)?
We will send hard copies of the certificates to all prize winners, regional awards, ambassador awards, and school awards. All participants and finalists will receive a soft copy of the certificate via email in order to lower the costs and to protect the environment.
Because the International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition is an international competition, we honor the best participants from each region of the world with a special regional award certificate:
FAQ: My country is not listed in for any regional award?
- Regional Award of Europe (includes Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, UK, Czechia, Poland, Portugal, Hungary, Greece, Ukraine, Russia, etc.)
- Regional Award of Greater Middle East (includes Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Oman, Syria, Turkey, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, etc.)
- Regional Award of Africa (includes Nigeria, Namibia, Kenya, Ethiopia, Congo, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Mozambique, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Gambia etc.)
- Regional Award of South Asia (includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, etc.)
- Regional Award of (South)East Asia (includes China, Japan, Mongolia, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.)
- Regional Award of America (includes USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Bolivia, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Cuba, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, etc.)
The countries listed are examples for these regions. Regardless of geographical accuracy, every country – also yours – is included in one the six categories above.
Awards for Ambassadors
Special awards are given each year to the most active ambassadors to honour their excellent and responsible performance. The IAAC coordiantors use the information about the number of participants that you encouraged as well as your activities for following awards:
- 1x IAAC Ambassador Award for Most Overall Participants: The ambassador that has encouraged the most students to participate in IAAC will receive this award.
- 1x IAAC Ambassador Award for Most Finalists: This award is received by the ambassador that was able to bring many students into the final round.
- IAAC Ambassador Award for Excellent Encouragement: Ambassadors that are very active and that have recorded many activities to inspire students for astronomy and to encourage them to participate in IAAC receive this award.
Awards for Schools
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for scientific education and for the encouragement of students for scientific subjects. Because of that, we award several school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the school:
FAQ: How do schools participate to win the awards?
- 1x IAAC School Award for Most Participants: This award receives the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in scientific competitions.
- 1x IAAC School Award for Most Finalists: This special award receives the school with the most students that have shown an outstanding performance and have participated in the pre-final and/or final round.
- IAAC School Award for Excellence: This award receives the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education in general. The coordiantors decide which and how many schools receives this award of excellence.
Schools participate automatically if a student registers with the school name. Please make sure that all of your students write the school name correctly and in the same way! Also, we recommend that teachers of the school registers at IAAC.
The IAAC Network and Meetups
Participating in international competitions is important for the personal development of students and it is a great achievement for your career. Furthermore, to participate in IAAC is a unique experience that will bring encouragement and motivation to all youths.
Winners and former participants of IAAC become automatically part of the IAAC network: This network consists of outstanding and talented students from all around the world! You will receive important notifications and opportunities. Also, the IAAC team organizes meetups in several regions of the world – all participants are welcomed to come. These meetups are announced via email and on the social media channels.